Anyone else seem to think the leaves are falling earlier this year?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnguyland, Nov 9, 2006.

1. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

It seems to me that the leaves are falling a little earlier than last year, even though much of that might be because of the rain we've had in the NorthEast.
    Hasn't been too cold at all, maybe a frost or 2.
    I hope all the leaves fall off soon. I want to be done early this year.

When do you expect (hope) to be done with all of your fall clean-ups? I'm hoping for early in the week before Christmas, I guess around the 18th-20th. I'd like to be done sooner than that of course, but the last few years it has snowed in early December and caused giant pains in my acorns...removal procedures.

So...do you think it's an earlier fall where you are?
    When do you hope to finish, barring any unusually bad weather?

Thanks.

2. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I finish all my existing accounts by Christmas. But there are always the stragglers that call in January for their cleanup. I dread those jobs because they are big (for me) but the money is good.

3. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Ours seem to be late, especially the soft maples or silver maples. Some still have a good deal of green color to them yet. We have done a few fall cleanups but the bulk of them will be in a couple more weeks.

4. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Not here leaves are still on (what's left of them):laugh:

10-12-06 snow pixs 057 (Small) (Small).jpg

5. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

Here where I am from they fell a little bit earlier than usual, but I think one can credit that due to the drought that we had in July-August.

6. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Yes, here in Michigan I've noticed they are a week or two ahead of where they've been the past couple of years. It's nice because it was 67 here today, a lot nicer than working when it's 30.

7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

No, they were late last year (maybe two)...
    Around here, they usually fall pretty good by Halloween, we're right on track.

8. TURFLORD

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

I haven't thought about it. I'm still in denial that the Summer is over.:cry:

9. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

They do seem to be at least a week early here. That wind storm from a couple of weeks ago.

10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

A week or two early according to my records from the past 3 years