Anyone else sick and tired of leaves?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jsf343, Nov 7, 2007.

1. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

man, I don't know about y'all but I have had it up to here :nono: (he is actually showing eye level) with leaves! I know a month or two from now I will wish I had some leaves to clean up, but right now every limb on my body is hurting, my back is killing me. Guess I am getting soft in my old age. :laugh: how many did everyone else do today? we got a couple of full trucks. (I know it is probably not as much as a few of you out there, but its enough for me!) Well sorry to whine, I am just spent today, just need some good sleep. :sleeping:

2. lawnboyoung

lawnboyoung LawnSite Member

i had only one yard today.everyones doping me for the fall.

3. mojob

mojob LawnSite Senior Member

Every night I cough up leaf dust till I'm blue. I've got powdered leaves in my eyes that I'm digging out as I type this. Yeah, I hate this time of year.

4. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

im just about sick of it, lol but we still have a weeks of cleanup left.

5. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

I am sos os ick of them ... they are very veyr late for us this year.. i can not wate to pack my mower away and be done for a few months.. im worn out this year..

6. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have to say I am surprised you guys are still picking them up. Seems like the areas you both are in you would be done by early November, are they late this year? I guess it has been pretty warm on the east coast this year, maybe that is why.

7. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

We only had 1 fall clean up as of yet. They just started coming down last week and yesterday we were plowing them.

8. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Nope. They haven't fallen a lot yet. They are behind this year from the drought we had this summer. But I've loved what I've done so far with my new Sthil BR600 backpack blower. That thing is awesome.

9. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

yeah it was a weird season, leaves are falling VERY late, the yards i have done still have leaves on the trees as well, so im sure i will have to go back and do a quick cleanup when they all fall.

10. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

Doing 3-4 per day. Just got a truck loader, and by this saturday it will be paid for. I cant be sick of it yet, at least until the equipment is paid for. Today sucked, it snowed on us all day, the leaves were wet and the wind never stopped blowing!! (The wrong way, of course)
    Every bone, muscle, tendon... in my body hurts, but my wallet is enjoying the feast, so I'll keep working for now, I know it wont be long before I will be wishing I had work.