Anyone else wash equipment daily?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CustomCreations, Apr 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CustomCreations

CustomCreations LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Just curious if anyone is as bad as I am about clean equipment. I make all the guys wash all the Hummers, Mowers, and ends of trimmers daily. I dont require a complete scrub down soap and water but just a good spray down and always do the bottom of decks daily on all 7 of the Exmarks.. Didnt know if I'm possibly the only one this anal. Good thing is I have the best looking rigs in town! And I do realize they are just going to get dirty the next day but they sure look pretty coming out in the mornings, and have actually had customers compliment on how nice the equipment looks.

2. minix

minix LawnSite Senior Member

You must not have enough work then:)

3. mowerknower

mowerknower LawnSite Senior Member

You must go through a lot of idlers and spindles. Washing is very hard on bearings. Its best to blow them down daily and only wash them once in a while. When you do wash them make sure the are cold (hot bearings suck in the water) and once you are done washing start it up and run it the blade for a while to spin all the excess water out.

4. greensolutions1

greensolutions1 LawnSite Member

yeah if i only had time, we are cutting early in the morning until dark

5. minix

Thats what Im talking about, mine "may" get washed on the weekend if we are not working .

6. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I wash quite frequently...I'm pretty anal.

Very frequently does my trimmer look brand new with no grass clippings on it.

7. CustomCreations

CustomCreations LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Haha, We do fairly well for our area to say. Im not "huge" by some of your standards and contracts, but we over 170 residentials, 25 commercial stores and 17 apartment complex's as of today. I have 9 full time employees for now on mowing/landscaping crew. I am very thankful for the work I have. I love good looking equipment, even on all of my construction trailers and the trucks. Considering this is my first year( I am a General Contractor) but expanded to lawncare and landscape as well. My family owns 4 golf courses so I grew up cutting grass, horticulture, and got license for application (which really helps) I believe it was luck of the draw with connections made on other business to carry onto this one. Just wasnt sure if anyone else did this.

8. rain man

rain man LawnSite Silver Member

I ought to wash mine more often but am pretty tired when we get home. Nothing wrong with a good looking mower though.

9. brodo374

brodo374 LawnSite Member

Could you add one or two more yards in lue of washing these mowers? If so, than you may be losing some cheese.

10. minix

TooT TooT wash away. Sounds like your doing pretty good then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.