Anyone else?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by humble1, Aug 5, 2008.

1. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

I am so sick of moving toys and balls off the lawns when i come to do fert and weed control. I almost want to put a clause and charge in next years contract for extra time moving toys or picking up branches etc.

What do you guys/gals do???

2. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

hate that part

3. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

I put them someplace where it will annoy the home owner. On top of the table on the deck. On the front porch. On the hood of the car in the driveway. Amazingly, a few get the message... the others don't.

4. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

Like Whitey said, toss them in the garden, under the deck or into the shrubs. Cuss a bit, suck it up and move on. It's all part of the game.

Know a guy who put a bike behind a car in the drive once. CRUNCH
    I would never do that.

5. Pilgrims' Pride

Pilgrims' Pride LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA.

The way I see it unkess these customers are "call aheads" and they know you are coming its just tough luck.
    Ya I know its a pain. I've got my share too.
    But thats just the way it goes.

6. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Yo

The world doesn't revolve around me and I am in the service business. Therefore I give service and move the valuable equipment left on the Home owners OWN property if it is in my way.

What I won't put up with is Lawn ornaments like pink flamingos and wind chimes stuck all over the yard as a way of saying how tacky their taste is.

I once quit a customer because the wife kept planting in the middle of the lawn without any planting beds My experience is, it is the foreigners that seem to like to do extra decorations in the wrong spots.

7. Pilgrims' Pride

Pilgrims' Pride LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA.

Ric,

I think you misunderstood.

It is MY tough luck!
    Even some of my call aheads arent ready sometimes.
    Ya it means it slows down my pace a bit, but picking up after the little ones it is the right thing to do.

8. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

One good thing is these folks are getting good use out of they lawns -- kids, dogs, etc playing in the yard. Problem is, these people drive up the overall cost of doing business. So we do what the government does....we shift the added expense on to others. :hammerhead:

My favorite is dog manure. When I get a gewy chunk 'on me boot' (Uriah Heep quote), I go straight to their front step and 'dispose of it properly'. :laugh:

9. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

I was talking from a mowing standpoint... when they KNOW what day and even what time I come every week. Treatments are a different issue. At least I haven't put any dog turds on their backyard tables.

10. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member