Anyone else?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by D&R, Aug 21, 2004.

1. D&R

D&R LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Has anyone else noticed an increase in moles this year? We have a couple of (used to be) smooth yards that have been torn to shreds by what appears to be rat sized moles. It sure makes for a bumpy ride.

2. Liberty Lawncare

Liberty Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

In my area its about the same as usual. I have noticed nice yards get moles when new houses are being built close by. I guess its the ground being torn up by big machines.

3. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

I've seen a lot of voles around. The little black things that burry through the grass. Annoying little F-ers

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

last year I saw a huge increase, this year, at the beginning of the year there was a lot but now I haven't seen any since spring

5. I have'nt seen a mole tunnel yet this year around here

6. GBCS

GBCS LawnSite Member
    from Texas

My problem is bullfrogs digging holes in the lawn. Do you guys have any bullfrog problems? :gunsfirin

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

How in the hell does a bullfrog dig a hole in a yard...ROTFLMAO???!!!

8. CJ GreenScapes

CJ GreenScapes LawnSite Member
    from AL

Yeah, tell us more about them hole-digging bullfrogs....

9. GBCS

GBCS LawnSite Member
    from Texas

LMAO.

I know it is funny, but it really is true. I swear that my bullfrogs will out dig your moles any day of the year. :D I will have to take some pictures for you guys so you can see what I’m talking about. :blob3:

10. Sneaky

Sneaky LawnSite Member

My biggest problem is dogs digging to get the moles. Yard full of potholes now.