anyone elses lawns in the northesat smoked yet?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by General Grounds, Aug 11, 2006.

1. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:rolleyes: well mowed all the lawns this week and id say 80% are smoked pretty good and the ones that arent will be after this cut and no rain, anyone else seeing there lawns turn brown? may need to use next week as a catch up week on landscape and trim projects that are behind. tony

2. mikes landscaping

mikes landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from kansas

yea a guy across from my house got sod put in, and its been in for days. he hasnt watered it yet:hammerhead: im like "wow"can u say stupid. its turning brown.

3. green_with_envy

green_with_envy LawnSite Member
    from pa

yep, most of mine are....even the ones that have irrigation. My lawn looks great yet but I water the bejesus out of it.

4. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Not up here, all my customers lawns are still going strong.

5. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

The lawns turn quick after the 100 degree weather but relief is here, they will recoup.

6. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Tony,

Yup, lawns are slowing a lot... fortunately, we're still mowing >90%... we go unless they call to request a "skip". WE;re getting caught up on pruning, signed some mid summer mulch, finished grub pre-emergents, still applying fungicides & scheduling a lot of landscaping for the fall. Hopefully the forecasters are right for once & it won't hit 90 for the next 9-10 days or so. P.S. got a great deal on a '05 isuzu w/ 12'dump stake leftover (brand new... couldn't pass it up!)

7. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

They are drying up fast here , i skipped four this week and maybe even more next if it doesnt rain.

8. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

mine doesn't seem to grow anymore, i dont' like wasting city water on my lawn, and with the heat, the amount of times i would have had to water it would have been rediculous, so, i let it go, itll come back, maybe not completely this year though...a good bit of my clients lawns have fried too

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

getting to be crunch time...especially those with no shade.

10. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Heading bad here as well... cant believe it after the month of july being so so wet.... least the temps are in the mid 70s wich is helping a little... back to irrigating the golf course nightly...I am ready for fall to come!!!!!