Anyone ever been shot while working?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grass-scapes, Aug 11, 2006.

1. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

This is strange, and could have had a very tragic ending. The crew and I were mowing at a residential property this afternoon. The one guy on the stick edger was going up the driveway and BANG..... we all heard it.

Turns out there was a BULLET that had found its way to the edge of the driveway and down in between the grass and concrete. I have been maintaining this property for 4 years and had not hit anything there before. The brass casing was mangled and we couldn't tell where the bullet went.

This could have turned out much worse.

Here is a picture or two of the casings.

IMG_1175.JPG

IMG_1176.JPG

2. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

I bet that got everyones attention.

people are really sloppy with bullets. I have found a few while mowing. usually only .22 or blanks, but still.

Never found it with the edger though. Did that guy have to change his shorts?

3. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

must not be a very good neighborhood. Ive never come even close to anything like that.

4. scout279

scout279 LawnSite Member

Found a loaded gun one time while cleaning out a bunch of junipers. It was along a busy road so I am sure someone had tossed it. looked like it had been there for a while. That the craziest thing I have found. We did turn that one into the police too.

5. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

One of my employees was shot with a pellet riffle 2 months ago while string trimming. We were working at an apartment complex. The pellet broke the skin and caused a little bleeding, luckily he was hit in the shoulder and not in an eye. The shooter was evicted but no charges filled.

6. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

I found a fanny pack filled with over 100 rounds of assorted ammo in a bunch of bushes once.