Anyone ever bid fill and grading?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Bluestem, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Bluestem

Bluestem LawnSite Member

I have done grading as a member of a crew, but I have never done the bidding. Just curious what you guys charge. This would be a 14 cubic yard job. Is there a rule of thumb in this or is it a calculation of labor and materials like most things? I can do the calculations for time and material, but any advice is appreciated from guys who have bidded this work.

2. Need a Little Trim

Need a Little Trim LawnSite Member

just go off my t and m bud...don't think there is anyother way to do it.

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Hey need a little trim, where do you get your fill from? PM me I have some people on the eastbank that want work done.

Sorry for thread jacking! I jus add up time and material.!

4. bishoplandscape

bishoplandscape LawnSite Member

We would charge for hauling in the material then charge to spread it would probably be our minimum show up rate as for it wouldn't take long. This is where people who rent there machines get beat by the ones who own them.:waving:

5. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

So true!!! Bishop how do yall charge for spreading?

6. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

i just spread 18 yards of fill in a fairly small area but deep "dip" next to a driveway that would collect water. truck load of gravely fill was $125, then i picked up 3 yds of topsoil, charged $29.99/yard + $50 delivery fee. spread it for all for $200. in and out in less than 3 hrs which was almost $100/hr. seed is extra as soon as its time for it

7. bishoplandscape

bishoplandscape LawnSite Member

Our pricing would be very similar.:weightlifter: