Anyone ever buy a Gizmow yet???

Discussion in 'Gizmow' started by 900rf, Mar 19, 2007.

1. 900rf

900rf LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

Noticed that there is nothing posted about anyone owning a Gizmow, if you actually own one would you email me.. Thanks

2. GIZMOW

GIZMOW LawnSite Member

Dear 900rf,

I am sorry that none of the owners of our units have posted any comments on "Lawnsite". I receive calls every week from our new owners with nothing but praise about our capabilities and construction. I will ask some of the folks that contact me to post their reviews of their units in the future. If you would like to contact some owners I will be happy to supply you with a few names and telephone numbers so that you may contact them. You can reach me at 812.945.3544. You may also contact any of our dealers who would be more than happy to discuss our units and their customer's impressions of their Gizmows.

Kindest regards,

3. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

They look awsome ..however I cannot download the catalog.....What size decks do they come in ? Price range?

4. GIZMOW

GIZMOW LawnSite Member

Dear Buckeye,

Thanks for the nice comments. Sorry you are having trouble opening our brochure on the website. They open in pdf format. You might want to load/reload Adobe Acrobat if you want to give it another try. Otherwise feel free to call me with your address and I will gladly send you one through the mail.

The deck sizes are 52" and 61". While the price is ultimately determined by our dealers, I can assure you that the cost of a Gizmow is competitive with similar sized units. However, it should be noted that we offer many standard features that are optional on our competitor's units and some that simply are not available on any other mower whatsoever.

Thanks again for contacting us!

5. 900rf

900rf LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

Buying a Gizmow -61" cut from a dealer in N Carolina he will be be delivering it to me next week, will keep all posted on performance, support, durability and ease of operation, buying mainly because my wife will be able to operate it also.. have 15 acres most will be cut with my tractor, 2-5 acres possibly with Gizmow.. hope I am making the right choice, I know its got to be better than the box store junk that I have purchased in the past.. a pic of land [​IMG][/IMG]

6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Did you get it??

7. 900rf

900rf LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

Yes I finally got it a couple of weeks ago, the 61" cut version.. the grass in Georgia was 2 ft tall Bahia and mower cut it with no problem mulched it up real good. I have only used it twice since no rain in Ga and grass is not growing, I just returned to Florida and used mower and it did a real nice job on St Augustine grass. The mower seems to be a little light on front end on steep hills when transversing across, might get the weight kit to help this out, although you can not hardly lift front end up as it has a lot of weight there already, may have been tire pressure or just inexperience using steering wheel instead of hand controls to steer. The mower is a heavy duty built piece and runs quiet compared to some others I have tried. I will keep you posted as I use it more, the grass here in Florida is growing due to some recent rain so mower will get a work out.

8. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

That sounds great! and thank you for telling us:) it looks like they have a great idea and it seems to be working out for them and you.

9. pylnrcr

pylnrcr LawnSite Member

Yes. I am not a professional LCO but I have purchased a Gizmow. I have a friend who has been in the lawn care business for about 15 years. He has about 120 or so accounts and has run Exmark, Grasshopper, and Bobcat mowers. His current mowers are all Bobcats. I asked him to run the Gizmow and give me his thoughts. He was very impressed with the Gizmow design and construction. It took him about a half hour to become accustomed to the steering and pedal arrangement. He especially liked the comfort of the seat and the fact it made zero turns at nearly full speed without tearing up the turf. He also commented on the low noise levels with the blades engaged. The cut quality was compatible to his equipment. His only suggestion was that he would run turf tires instead of the agg tires. It will be on his short list when his equipment is ready for replacement.

Best of all was the fact that on the Gizmow I could easily keep pace with him when it came to getting the job done:cool2:

10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Any more field reports?