Anyone ever had a tilt like this?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by whiffyspark, Jan 17, 2014.

1. swanny

swanny LawnSite Senior Member

I had a Kaufman 14k tilt tag-along trailer a couple years ago....sold it to a friend of mine. Tried buying it back but he wouldn't do it. Liked it a lot.

2. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

I like a tilt deck trailer. Saves time if you are moving around a lot. Watch your width between the fenders if you plan on a larger machine at any point. If you are buying now then make sure you will not out grow it or have to replace it if you move up machine sizes.

3. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

My biggest thing with tilt trailers is the majority of the time I've got pallets and things that end up longer than the stationary deck..

Plus if you plan on moving alot of things on pallets a deck over really is the way to go.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. bobcatexc

bobcatexc LawnSite Senior Member
    from IL

I've had tilt trailers for years and really like them or I should say my back likes them. I've got two and one of them is a bumper pull with 4' stationary and 16' tilt. I like the stationary you can leave a attachment or stake straw bales up on the front, like junior said bigger stationary the better, like these your looking at you could probably haul two machines if needed, that's the only bad thing about the tilt I've found.

When it comes to trailers I always say you get what you pay for, If its cheap there's probably a reason, and over buy even if you don't need it right now in a couple years you'll kick yourself in the ass and wish you'd bought the bigger or heavier trailer.

5. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Whiffy have you priced one yet?
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

5400-6000 depending on make. I like Kaufman they are built awesome
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. whiffyspark

Good point I'll post the specs later. Everything we use fits on a towmaster regular trailer
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. whiffyspark

I see your in IL. You get snow? I'm just wondering how bad it would be trying to get a skid up the ramp when its wet. The diamond plate is only $150 more for the entire trailer
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. mxridernorth

mxridernorth LawnSite Senior Member

We are notorius for rain here and I've never had an issue loading any equipment.

10. whiffyspark

4800 for a 24 ft kaufman 14k. 24 deck 10 fixed

28ft is 5200 with a 14 fixed.

Add $200 for deluxe version. Sealed wiring harness and a few other things
    Posted via Mobile Device