Anyone ever had a tilt like this?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by whiffyspark, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

Whats the UVW on the trailer?

2. bobcatexc

bobcatexc LawnSite Senior Member
    from IL

3. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

i don't like the half-tilt trailers. Mine (old photo attached) tilts the whole deck. Another alternative is so called "beaver tail" photos. I sometimes load 2-3 tractors on mine and don't think i could with the half tilt as you're discussing here.
    [​IMG]

4. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Only 3700 for a PJ

82 inches between fenders
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. whiffyspark

I don't need anything that big. Not looking to hual more than one. The front is 10ft stationary so I'm sure I could if needed.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

My new to me Towmaster has the 4' stationary deck and it is awesome.

I love to just back the machine on and chain down, I hate ramps.

7. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Buckets slide around very easily on diamond plate deck trailers..

Plus when wood wears out/rots it's much Easier to take off and replace(even just one piece) than metal..
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. whiffyspark

Thats a good thing and a bad thing. Easier to slide pallets if needed but obviously slippery at the same time

I wonder if diamond plate reduces the trailer weight too? Wood is heavy. Espically 24 feet of it
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. swanny

swanny LawnSite Senior Member

3/16" steel diamond plate is between 7 and 8 lbs. sq ft.. 1/4" is between 10 and 11 lbs. sq. ft.. I'm guessing 1.5" thick treated southern yellow pine dried is 3 to 4 lbs. sq. foot. Oak a bit heavier, but not as heavy as the steel, I believe.

I just sold 3 sheets of 1/4"x4'x8' aluminum T6061 diamond plate sheets for $150 a piece. Figure 30% weight savings on aluminum, but you could mount a sheet at the tail end of the ramp on top of the wood decking to give you initial traction. You can find aluminum sheets every once in a while on craigslist for cheap.

10. whiffyspark

It says floors are 2 inch treated pine doesn't give a thickness for diamond plate.

Neither does pj
    Posted via Mobile Device