Anyone ever had a tilt like this?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by whiffyspark, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

Did you talk to JD at Cox trailers ? Sure he can order what ever you want.

2. swanny

swanny LawnSite Senior Member

Ya, 2" thick treated = 1.5" dried.

I wonder if Kaufman could cut a nice discount if you bought two GN tilts? I'm half-inclined to buy a 20'er myself...would be handy in moving our stuff.

3. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Haven't been down there just going internet research. I'm probably going to buy out of state to avoid our tax
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

They can. They were going to cut me a deal on a dump and equipment trailer. But im going to hold off till spring to pick up the equipment trailer.

I need the dump immediate.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Sliding pallets really isn't a big deal.. It doesn't take much to get a pallet to even the middle of the trailer with my bobcat.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Don't get pine. Get oak. My oak lasted 5 years with heavy abuse. I don't think pine would last two
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 20' PJ with 4 ft front that is stationary. I like it and don't miss the ramps at all. Used it a couple of times moving small portable building, works real well.

8. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

I've only owned three trailers but those three have all had pine floors.. Sold my pj deck over right at a year ago, had it 5 years. No problems with the pine deck.

Bought my gooseneck used, manufacture tag is from 2009-10. Original pine deck... It's showing two boards near the where the wheels spray that are going to need replaced. But it's a bad design, not cheap wood. And my newest pj has pine on it also.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. swanny

swanny LawnSite Senior Member

Secret to making a pine deck last is not strapping your equipment down too tightly (most of the time the boards get weak and break right underneath a tire), and treating it with a mixture of diesel and oil every year, especially if you're in 4 seasons climate. I've had several Contrail trailers and I think they come standard with oak... they are much tougher than pine. If locust was on the option menu, I'd take it over all the other wood species.

10. TNGrassCutter

TNGrassCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll throw in my 2 cents, I like my wood floor, I have a 20' 14k gooseneck. I usually have the Harley rake on the very front and with a metal floor it would be more prone to sliding off I think. The only time I have problems getting up my ramps is when the tracks are caked in mud, but you would have that problem with a tilt maybe even more so. Best advice I can give it to maximize space, I have a 100 gallon diesel tank mounted in the neck, pallet forks go in from either side underdeck. I also wouldn't doubt these style trailers, they're built pretty stout, mine is max weight most of the time and has been over quite a few times I know for sure.
    Posted via Mobile Device