1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

anyone ever have this happen?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnwizards, Apr 19, 2004.

1. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

we have this customer that we've been servicing for 11/2 years now. never a complaint. all of a sudden, out of the blue she calls and said her and her husband were gonna try and cut their own grass and if they couldn't do it they would give us a call? does anyone know what this might mean? i was thinking that maybe money was tight or something, but i don't know... i talked to her personally and she said it wasn't anything we've done.... i'm puzzled here... any help?

2. twoowls

twoowls LawnSite Member

maybe you just got to trust them and not worry about it. focus your energy elese where. Ive had the same thing happen and they came back 1 1/2 months later. go figure and the lawn was a foot high
  3. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

They are just wanting to save a $100 a month. No big mystery there.
  4. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I've had several of those same types this year. "We'll cut it ourselves" or "Our grandkids want to earn some money" etc.

Nothing you can do about it. Just figure I'll pick it back up, WITH A RATE INCREASE, the first day it hits 90 degrees and they or the grandkids don't want to venture outside!