Anyone ever heard of Vander Kooi & Associates

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by bill8379, Apr 26, 2008.

1. bill8379

bill8379 LawnSite Senior Member

2. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

i have never heard of them

3. steve5966

steve5966 LawnSite Member

He is very well known and respcted in the business. It does seem expensive, but if your business is big enough he will make it better.

4. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

He is well know at least here on the west side of the country. I have attended his seminars and it is good stuff. When I went, 13-14 years ago the class was landscape install driven and there was not much in the way of maintenance specifics. The thing about this and all the stuff you can buy is it only works if you do. You have to get it off the shelf and use it.

I would say its a bargin at that price. You would see a great return on your money if you will dedicate the time to read it and commit to follow through with what he teaches.

Here is something from my coach;

“How bad do you want it” I am inclined to ask people who say they want to achieve a goal, to transform their business or to go from mediocre to extraordinary in business and life.

Let’s put it on a scale of 1-10, 10 being “I will do virtually anything, within reason, to see it happen”; 1 meaning “I ain’t changing nothing”. Where are you?

If you aren’t a 7 or above, as my New York Italian friend would say, “Fo get a boud it!”. Which means your dream or goal is simply not compelling enough to make the necessary changes to get to where you want to be.

I hope you see that if you are not making the progress you want, you have to change something?
    Chances are you are going to have to make adjustments to either…

1-The way you think

2-Your discipline, behaviors or actions

3-Or the processes, systems, techniques, methods you currently follow.

You might have to change all three.

Are you willing to change? If so invest in yourself and buy the package. If not... well don't waste your $$$

5. TurfBusiness

TurfBusiness LawnSite Member

I took a semester long class from him and it was well worth it. He is a good speaker and the materials were great.

6. bill8379

What package? I see a whole lot things some of it VERY expensive.

7. bill8379

You can't even order these books online, you have to fill out a form and mail it to them. That's so last century, this guy is behind the times.

8. F3Nelson

F3Nelson LawnSite Member

I saw him a long time ago at a Seminar he was very entertaining/enlightening!

I got the materials, but it seemed more geared to Construction than landscape.

Anyone from KS remember the MAGIC(Mid America Greeen Council), thats where I saw him