1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone ever layed pavers in basement?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by regl, Apr 27, 2008.

1. regl

regl LawnSite Member

This is probably a really dumb idea. We have been in this house now four 24 years and for one reason or another, never got the basement floor poured. Theirs so much stuff down their now it would be a job to try to empty it. also it's 50 feet long with access only at one end. Maybe it's not a big deal but seems like it would be a lot of work moving concrete that distance. Anyway, my thought was, if pavers would work, I could do it myself in sections and move things around instead of hauling everything out. Moisture from underground is not a problem. The house is on top of a hill that's all gravel. The dirt floor is very dry. OK blast away.
  2. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

done it, works great. We have a little building here too on the farm that didn't have a floor in it (was dirt) we threw down some fabric and put brick pavers in. voila! gift shop, looks real sharp too.
  3. Jb3NH

Jb3NH LawnSite Member

I had a client spefically request pavers for his basement. I Have to say the job looked really really good!
  4. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Here too, it looks great. I have even seen an old barn converted to a house where all the floors, upper and lower were done with it and radiant heat, very nice.