Anyone ever lose the keys to rental equipment?

Discussion in 'Rental Equipment' started by 4.3mudder, Jun 10, 2009.

1. newtostone

newtostone LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

I hear you, Last time I rented from HD the throttle was broken and wouldn't hold idle on a tamper. Time before that was a chipper I was driving off a bridge ramp and the trailer felt as if it was tipping.......well it was, flat tire. I called them up and they said "shoot we thought we could hold off on fixing it" They just filled it up with air before I got there. Took 6 hours for them to come fix it. ( This was before I had multiple trucks so I couldn't do it myself)

2. AdvancedLawns

AdvancedLawns LawnSite Member

ha..i wouldve left that on the side of the road...The guy that goes out to fix the machine said he wanted to take it with him when i got back to that Hd...that didnt happen

3. 4.3mudder

4.3mudder LawnSite Silver Member

Well, had my running with them people this morning. They charged my 301.77 which saw in my account this morning. The total after everything was said and done should have been 205.37, So, where the hell did this 90 sum dollars come from. Well, they are for the locks for the machine, the wheel and tongue lock. NA NA NA, I don't think so. When I heard that I hit the roof. Called up the manager again, since they did not return my call form yesteday to tell me that they were going to charge. So, I went higher up on the scale. Talk to a fellow in the customer service headquarters. Real friendly guy, told him the whole situation. He said he willl call me back and let me know the outcome of this whole problem. Also mentioned to him that the manager this morning was a reall smart azz saying "sorry, this is how we do things and this is how it will be done" Well, we will see about that. I know that this was my fault, but it is also theirs. THis is total BS.

4. SfTD_service_CENTER

SfTD_service_CENTER LawnSite Senior Member

if all else fails just rent a backhoe from them and tear their own building down

5. 4.3mudder

LOL, well the skidsteer also there only has one set of keys, maybe I will use it instead, and say I lost the keys. Sorry.

6. SfTD_service_CENTER

SfTD_service_CENTER LawnSite Senior Member

yeah thats pretty slimmy to just charge your card without notice!

im sure one day some guy with nothing to lose will walk in after they screw him over and try it!

7. huskres

huskres LawnSite Senior Member

Go to your bank and have the fraudulent charges taken off. Take your receipt with you as well.

8. newtostone

newtostone LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

I would do this. And didn't you say you paid $17 for renters insurance? That normally covers theft.

9. 4.3mudder

Na, I read the fine print in the contract twice. It only covers damage to the machine. Not insurance, I tried that one.

10. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I would have thought that the insurance would cover damages, theft etc. This is a big warning about renting equipment from HD!