Anyone ever order from Preco??

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by procut, Jul 7, 2005.

1. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

A few weeks ago I ordered a trimmer rack from them. I sent the check out over two weeks ago and still nothing has arrived. The guy said they would ship it out as soon as they got the check. Is Preco a legit company or did I fall victem to a scam??

2. jim dailey

jim dailey LawnSite Senior Member

I used them a few years back. Have a store about 50 miles down the road from me. I used a c.c., instead of check. Got the items "in hand". A JRCO Tine Rake, a Miryama string trimmer and some smaller items. They have quite the inventory. At least they did a few years ago. If you have online banking...check to see the status of your check. If it is cashed, call them for the staus on your shipment. Good Luck.

3. jimslawns

jimslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I placed an order and it took two MONTHs to get to me. They said they lost the order, then lost the CC #, then back ordered, then could they sub something else.

Just my experience, I did get everything, but it took a long time :cry:

4. Scapegoat

Scapegoat LawnSite Member

I placed an order with them July 1st using my credit card. Got a confirmation email that the order was received and the amount has been charged to my CC. I'll let ya know how long it takes to get my rack.

5. Scapegoat

Scapegoat LawnSite Member

My Preco rack was just delivered today via UPS. Like I said, I ordered July 1st, so not bad delivery time considering the long July 4th weekend.

However it was poorly packed (1 small piece of bubble wrap and some newspaper crammed in) and came with no instructions or mounting hardware at all.

I'm not quite sure how they assume it would be attached to the trailer with 1 small pre-drilled hole on the bottom of each piece. Guess I have to drill some holes and figure out my own way to mount it.

Paying the extra $14.95 for the 3 same keyed locks was a waste of money.

I don't think I'd order from this company again.

6. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

We ordered a few years ago, so things could have changed. But when we ordered, we had a bad experience, once is enough for us, won't use them again.

7. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Well I got a bank statement in the mail today, and sure enough, the check had been cashed. I'll wait a few more days, but if its not here by the middle of next week I'll call.

8. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I ordered the same trimmer rack, it came poorly packaged and had to call them to see where it was 1 or 2 times, I paid for mine with a CC took about 2 weeks I think to get it. A decent rack but poor service and packaging. My 1st impression wasnt very good but I hadnt heard anyone else comment so...................

9. Indiana

Indiana LawnSite Member

I ordered some Walker parts from them couple of years ago. Never again... It took more than a month to get everything right. It too was poorly packaged and shipped. They were somewhat helpfull with tracking it down and finding out how to fix the problem.

I would not order anything from them again.

10. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

that company blows in my opinion :realmad: