1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone ever seen a 100lb hitch mounted spreader?

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by Rcgm, Jan 2, 2001.

1. Rcgm

Rcgm LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

Hey I seen this small hitch mounted spreader on the back of a truck the other day.I was told it was a atv spreader.So I finally tracked this guy down he said he got it from a friend that lived in ohio for xmas last year said it was made for a truck with a hitch not an atv.This thing was neat small held 100lbs of rock salt said he uses it on driveways.Anybody know where I can get one?
  2. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Northern Equipment (800) 556-7885
  3. Bud Winsor

Bud Winsor LawnSite Member

We have a few of those on small sidewalk plows, they're made by CURTIS in Worcester, Mass. They slide into a 2" reciever and are easy to take on and off. Seem to work out pretty well.
  4. columbiaplower

columbiaplower LawnSite Senior Member

earthway spreaders makes one
  5. nsmilligan

nsmilligan LawnSite Member

The Fisher 1000 and 2000 low profile spreaders have an optional hitch mount just slide it in and tie off the sides with a couple of nylon ratchet straps. Weights about 150lbs,
    holds about 600 lb of salt. Mine is an older model called the 110, ideal for what I use it for 2 school lots and 8 smaller comerical lots. This is it's 3rd season and it has spread 34 tons of salt, no problems.

FIREMAN LawnSite Senior Member
    from n.j.

7. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

I'm not sure if this is the size you are talking about but I have one that I use for Fertilizer, it is 12 volt electric and it spreads a variety of materials. About $250 Can for it, I got mine at my local New Holland dealer it is made for Farm Fleet. I think TSC might sell them too. Not sure if you guys have Princess Auto there but they have them too.
    Honda atv dealers sell them here also.

[Edited by cantoo on 01-05-2001 at 10:14 PM]
  8. Bad Boy

Bad Boy LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Angelos has it in there new catalog for 179.00 plus 45.00 for bracket for the truck you should be able to make the bracket cheaper it is probably made of 2 inch square tube.