anyone ever seen a mower like this before?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stevesmowing, Nov 26, 2005.

1. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

2. chopsticks33

chopsticks33 LawnSite Member

no...but that thing is crazy!

3. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Believe it or not Gravley had one like that, Don't know if they still do or not.
    I only seen pictures of one, Nothing up close and personal. They said their great on slopes.

4. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

theyve been in use in iowa for at least 15 years.

5. LawnScenes

LawnScenes LawnSite Member

Those are being sold by a dealer in the county I live in. I passed them the other day on my way back from the Kubota dealer that's literally right next to Ridge View... I just had to stop to take a look. They are cool for sure... I've seen the Va Game Commission using them a couple of times mowing a large dam on a lake near me. Never seen one on a trailer around here though. I'll have to stop by there next time I'm at the Kubota dealer and see what their sales pitch is.

6. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

our city here has one of those. I see it on a trailer behind a city truck once in a while in the summer but have yet to ever see it in use anywhere! Most all the ditches that the wing mowers can't get they weed-eat with big sthil trimmers and backbreaking labor! Where they use the slope mower I have yet to see. lol

7. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

Yup. They use to mow the bridge banks on the interstates with one a few years ago. It will hold the hills for sure.

8. Royalslover

Royalslover LawnSite Senior Member

Made right here in good old Kansas.

9. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

That company made them for Gravely to sell through the Gravely dealer network for a couple of years. It was the same machine with a Gravely nameplate on it. for whatever reason, the deal did not work out and Gravely parted ways with them.

10. ken0564

ken0564 LawnSite Member

for many years here. county uses on resevoir dams, bridge embankments, etc. very cool to operate.