Anyone ever think to get aerial photos/vidoes? Well I did

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by maelawncare, Feb 10, 2013.

1. maelawncare

maelawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I've been wanting to do this for a few years. I love rc helis and like quads even more. Here is what I started.

I got a DJI Phantom quadcopter and mounted my gopro hero3 to it. I can get up to 1000' and get lots of photos and videos. My plan is to get aerial shots of my crew working and some for my customers as well so they can see what it looks like from above. In this day and age, every little to set you apart helps.

This is a video I took the other day of a property we are maintaining that is still under construction. What do you guys think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEf4oTirt1c&feature=share&list=UUkd9ODK3qR4xFF0YAwYUILA

2. ryde307

ryde307 LawnSite Senior Member

I think it's a cool idea Now just have to put it together and figure out how to use it. I am interested in the quadcopter. I shoot gopro footage of alot of things and would love to have this ability. Any more pics or info of teh setup?

3. maelawncare

maelawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Heres what it looks like. Its the DJI Phantom.

IMG_4590.jpg

4. ToddH

ToddH LawnSite Silver Member

5. TheGoat

TheGoat LawnSite Senior Member

Looks cool but I predict a DCMA take down notice for that sound track soon. Unless you have licensed "Sail" from AWOL Nation

6. ironchef66

ironchef66 LawnSite Member

Do you have any problems flying it? Because I know with the parrot AR Drone you get a point of view, where as this one doesn't appear to have that. I have been looking into something like this, for work but also for my snowboarding and snowmobiling trips

7. sticklelm

sticklelm LawnSite Senior Member

very cool idea

8. Belgium

Belgium LawnSite Member

Dji looks sweet. Do you have any trouble flying it at higher windspeeds?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. RadiantLawnCare

RadiantLawnCare LawnSite Member

love it. how much do one of those run with the camera?

10. lkendall

lkendall LawnSite Member

thats awesome! ive been wanting one for awhile but haven't been able to drop that much $$ on one