Anyone ever think to get aerial photos/vidoes? Well I did

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by maelawncare, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Derek's Lawn Care

Derek's Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from IL

Wow that is awesome!

2. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Thats sweet! I wish I had that kind of equipment

3. Scapeshapers

Scapeshapers LawnSite Member

Thats amazing, I gotta get one of those GoPro's.

4. jamo1911

jamo1911 LawnSite Member

That is so cool, I have been wanting to do that forever! I was going to get a weather balloon and hang the camera. How much did the heli cost?

5. maelawncare

maelawncare LawnSite Senior Member

If it passes youtubes upload its ok. Youtube only lets you use certain songs.

Its stupidly simple. I fly helis and some 3D as well. This is soooo much easier. And without a FPV like the ar drone, you defiantly need line of sight to fly. I'm getting better at judging distance. But will get FPV soon so I can fly without LOS.

Nope, flew it in 15mph winds the other day. The day of video was 5-10mph winds.

This is way better than a balloon. Total cost for the Phantom is $697 plus the gopro. And of course I have 5 batteries. This is the cheapest RTF system you can get. And it is the easiest to fly.

6. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

7. LaurenWasyluk

LaurenWasyluk LawnSite Member

Very cool concept! Especially for big projects. Kudos

8. ygim

ygim LawnSite Senior Member

That is sweet. Very cool.

9. maelawncare

maelawncare LawnSite Senior Member

The one for FPS Russia is fake. It was a promo for Black Ops II. Still cool though.

The others are done with a MUCH more expensive quad. Like $3,000+ But still do the FPV that I want to eventually do with mine.

10. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

So with an Ipad, etc.. I'm guessing one can get a quad copter and cameras functioning for under $400 if they already have the pad.

I'm considering a small helicopter for redwoods and forest, but not sure about landscaping yet.