Anyone ever traded in a almost new mower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by slowleak1, Jan 19, 2013.

1. weaver

weaver LawnSite Bronze Member

There was someone on here last summer i think that said his would not go as fast either.. I think they used some type of radar gun or something and the speeds where off.. There is a youtube video showing a Hustler Z walking off and leave it as far as speed..

2. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

Mine was from gps on my phone. It's fairly accurate when I test it against it in my three trucks. I don't know. I'm not going to argue, but I know what I saw the one I had read on the gps.

My deere did 11 mph when I used the gps. I made a couple adjustments and now its 12 mph like they advertise.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. weaver

No, i was just saying some go faster as some of the Cheetahas don't. I wonder what type of adjustments they do to make them go faster? Cause that's what his dealer said also, was bring it in so we can do some adjustments on it..

4. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

Ok, I misunderstood. Easy to do on forums. Not sure on the scags, but after talking to my deere mechanic, I lengthened the rods from the handles to the pump. I have to do that on x series on front mount deeres every 500 hours or so.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. slowleak1

slowleak1 LawnSite Senior Member

I shouldnt have to do anything at all to a $10k mower...dealer said bring it in, and they will get it working. WHat that entails, I dont know. So we will see.

Speed was checked via laser.

6. weaver

I agree, but there has been atleast one other on here that his dealer said the same thing. They said bring it in and they would do some adjusting...

That would be cool if they adjusted something and you got like 20mph out of it...

7. slowleak1

slowleak1 LawnSite Senior Member

In all honesty it is fast enough as it is lol. 20 would be insain...

No lie, I bet you could flip this thing by turning to hard on dry pavement. And no, I will NOT try and find out :hammerhead:

8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

You can adjust the bias on the PTS levers. But... If you give it more forward, you loose reverse.

9. weaver

Dang man you got me ready to tear into my mower.. First 20 mph Lazer Z

:laugh:

10. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

No, I have never traded in a almost new mower.