Anyone ever tried the Stihl Lawngrips boots?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bulldogg, Feb 26, 2010.

1. bulldogg

bulldogg LawnSite Member

I just bought a pair of these today and was wanting to know if anyone has ever had these before and what you think of them?

2. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

they are the same as normal lawngrips. they perform very well, but dont last as i have posted many times here, the sole is way too thin. if they were half the price i would not care, but for that price to not even last 3/4 season it is over priced

3. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Grassman is right about them not lasting as long as some other boots, but I just got another pair at Christmas because I love them. My last few pair has had "Stihl" on the side because I get them at the John Deere house.

4. bulldogg

bulldogg LawnSite Member

Yea mine has the Stihl on the side also. I wore them all day today and so far they feel pretty good.

5. grassman177

they do feel good, i have thought about getting them again, but i serously could nt justify the price tag, they were righ at $120, how much did you pay?

6. bulldogg

bulldogg LawnSite Member

I got the Pro or the mid height ones and i paid $89.99 for them at my local Stihl dealer

7. SouthSide Cutter

SouthSide Cutter LawnSite Bronze Member

I looked at them and thought they were to heavy. But if digging with a shovel the steel arch would be a plus.
    My feet sweat bad, what I wear are Wolverine hunting boots from Bass Pro or Cabelas. There are different ones but the ones I like are the Antelope series. Gortex, waterproof and weight under 3lbs. I put a set of silicone insoles inside, hardly know you got them on. And my feet dont sweat.

8. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Sounds like a heck of a deal. I am paying the 120 also.

9. grassman177

for that price for real, i may be checking into that, and if it is not that deal, might have to have you get some for me!

10. bulldogg

bulldogg LawnSite Member

Yea, mine were 89.99 for the mid top called the Pro. I'm not sure how much the high tops were.