1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone ever try Ebay????

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Jon99, Feb 5, 2005.

1. Jon99

Jon99 LawnSite Senior Member

For the heck of it, I stuck up a cheesy Ebay auction for lawncare in my area, included my phone number... Recieved two calls and going to talk to them on Monday... In 2 days, it has had 33 views.. Not bad for 80 cents...

2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

That's a new one...congradulations!!! Think outside the box!!!

3. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

Give us the link to your auction.

4. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

Very very interesting!

So what did eBay charge you to put it up? Do you mind sharing the link?

5. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

6. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

Smart idea I think. Wouldn't work in my service area however.

Good luck to you guys.

7. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

There was a guy on ebay last year selling aeration, bid on an aeration up to a set amount of square footage.

8. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I e-mailed that guy. He said it didnt really work out. Could have been just the way he had his set up though.

9. contourbs

contourbs LawnSite Member

i have a ad on ebay at all times, it only cost me one dollars for 10 days. look in search for everglades lawn care and tell me what i can do to improve the ad

10. Jon99

Jon99 LawnSite Senior Member

I was really not sure what to put for the price though, went with $19.99 as $20 is my minimum, tossed in "average size yard", which leaves it open ended.. I think the key is to make sure you list the towns in your area so when people do a search for their town, looking for who knows what, they will see it... I guess I will keep putting it up, if I keep it up there until June it will only cost me about $14... Might try to figure out how to stick my logo etc on there next time, spruce it up a bit..