Anyone Ever Try Echo Cs-346 Chainsaw

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Phil's Lawn Care, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Phil's Lawn Care

Phil's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Has anyone ever had experience with the CS-346. I know it isn't the most poerful chainsaw with only 33cc, but I am not cutting any wood over 6". Please tell me what you think of this chainsaw.

2. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

I would look for something else. It's not that good of machine.

3. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Go get a home depot special if you only need to cut 6'' or less.

I bought the stihl MS-361 and it is a beast considering I had a homelite before. expensive but will pull a 20'' bar with no problems at all.

4. saw man

from utah

Dont listen to ^^^ about the Home Depot special.

That saw is just not built as well as others in that price range, you can get a much better saw.

5. SLC  LLC

SLC LLC LawnSite Senior Member

Grab yourself one of those Poluan's from Home Depot. I put them up against anything. Had a Stihl before - problems getting it to fire, etc. Poulan fires every time!

6. Phil's Lawn Care

Phil's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

What would you recommended for about $175 or $200

7. saw man

from utah

I would get a top handled saw, but thats me. I do more limbing and those are the best.

I would look at the Redmax 3100T, or spend a little extra and start with a Dolmar 401 or Husky 340.

8. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Top handled saws are darn dangerous for anything other than climbing and pruning. Get a real saw if you plan on cutting down a sapling or plan on doing anything other than climbing.

For 200$ .... buy a stihl ms170

If you can afford it, upgrade to a better saw BEFORE you buy a small cheap one.

9. Proscapez LLC

Proscapez LLC LawnSite Member

You guys have lost your minds the Cs-346 is the new model of the Cs-345
    which happens to be my favorite saw. it is rated for 300 hours of use which the only other company that rates there engines that high is Dolmar.
    The 346 is light weight and powerful little saw.
    I have fell hundreds of trees with my Cs345, and I mean trees. I can't believe it still runs let alone runs like a top.
    I also have a Cs520 but it just sits because the 345 is so much easier to use.

It's not a climbing saw but if you want a one handed saw buy a top handle.

this summer alone I cut up over 30 rics of wood with my little saw.
    So quit hating on something you have never tried, before you chase this man away from a great saw and he's buys a peice of junk that wont cut yearlings.

10. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

Buy whatever you like its gonna be your tool. Just whatever you do don't buy a husqvarna xp350 man is it a peice.