1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone ever use a Cyclone Rake

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by gcbama, Oct 6, 2006.

1. gcbama

gcbama LawnSite Member

Thinking about purchasing a Cyclone Rake for my leaf removal business later this fall.

2. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I used one and absolutely hated it! Im the only one on here though so I'm odd man out. However, if you are doing large open yards with NO obstacles they are ok. They are NOT for small residentual yards with lots of obstacles and shrubs. The first few minutes I used mine I knocked my AC unit sideways, tore the hose lose going under a limb, knocked over the birdbath and tore limbs off of several shrubs. I parked it and tried it later and was so aggravated with it sent that thing back for a refund. It was over 13 feet long hooked to my 133. Hooked to a Z would even be longer. That is like driving a 15 passenger van around the yard.
  3. giden

giden LawnSite Member

Sorry to hear you had so many problems with the CR. While it is true, that it adds length behind you, I found that a little planning (staying out of hard to get out of places) made it easier to use. Of course, small yards, places with many obsticles are not the best places to use the CR, I found it helpful to either blow the leaves to a central place, or just use the 17' wand to get them up.