Anyone ever use a Palm handheld?????

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Jon99, Jan 23, 2003.

1. Jon99

Jon99 LawnSite Senior Member

My wife, who is a teacher, recieves $300 a year from the district to be used on technology items. I was thinking of buying a Palm with this money and using it for the business... Any thoughts???

2. NBLL

NBLL LawnSite Member

I just got one from my wife for Christmas. If nothing else it will help me keep my list of things to do and appointments organized. Im working on a spreadsheet to keep up with dates that I mow each customer. I am truly a novice with one of these and would like to hear what ideas others have to make them useful.

3. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

Had one for a while then I dropped it and the display shattered. When I first got it I thought I would use it all the time. Hardly used it at all. It was given to me so no money lost. If you actually use it all the time I think it could be very useful.

4. f350

f350 Banned
    from mi

i was looking at a tablet pc last-night. have you seen one of these?

5. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I had one...
    ...used it faithfully...
    ...got sick of it...
    ...didn't want to be tied to it...
    got rid of it!

...Kinda reminds me of dating.

6. jay warner

jay warner LawnSite Member
    from sc

I've been using one for the past year. Quite handy I must say.

7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Instead of using a daily itinerary sheet for my employees I was thinking about outfitting each crew with one and the daily to do list this year. And they check off the work that is completed. Then at the end of the day they hand me the palm and I upload it into the computer with the start time and completion time.

8. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

this is what I use on my pocket pc to track my time on jobs

Attached Files:

9. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

Ditto to what Kent said.

It has great features that can help for sure but it seemed more of a pita than a helper. I was scared of breaking or losing it. Too much info on one unit.