Anyone ever use one of these spray units?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Albery's Lawn & Tractor, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270168829460#description

Not sure if it's a good brand or not. Has a Honda engine atleast. Price is cheap enough that if I don't use it alot it will still be ok. I would rather get a Perma Green just not sure if I want to drop $6K on a unit that I don't know how long it will take to make me the money back (lot of Chemlawn trucks around here). What do you guys think?

2. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Hey dude -- it's a good deal if the price doesn't jump up too much. Only probs might be the tank (only 100 gallons) and the hose is only 150 feet. Ask what size Hannay reel it has -- hopefully it can hold 300 feet or more of 1/2 inch hose. If not - it's no big deal. It's probably a D-30 Hypro pump (best in the industry). Then there's the Honda 5.5. ......... None better.

Go for it if the bids don't get out of hand. Good luck! Most of our pickup units run 300 gallon Tuflex fiberglass tanks with Hypro D-30 pumps, and 5.5 Hondas. Plus 400 feet of 1/2 inch hose. Hope this helps.

3. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

Like American said it's a good deal if the $$ doesn't shoot up the last minutes of the auction! looks like a good setup with the Honda and Hypro D30, but the 100 gal tank would be a little small. I would look for a good used PG!

4. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

I was thinking I'd only use this to spot treat. I could still use a regular spreader for now. I probably won't have but about 20-30 accounts. Would this setup be ok for that?

5. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Still no bids on it, but indyturf told me he will bid against you just before the item closes.:laugh: Just kidding, cuz indy's a swell guy.

Bid on this unit, and I hope you win it. It will help you grow your business. It's a quality unit.:usflag:

6. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

It'll treat you well. I have a similar unit set up by Westheffer & haven't had any issues. You could even sell that tank & put a 200 gallon tank or better on a skid.

7. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I'd bet dollars to donuts that there's 300 feet of hose on that reel. Appears to be the same reel that's on my lesco, and same size hose, and I know that full up like that is 300 feet.