Anyone ever use Revolver

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by clallen03, Apr 11, 2006.

1. clallen03

clallen03 LawnSite Senior Member

I just sprayed a client lawn with revolver to remove fescue from a burmuda lawn. This is the first time I ever used this product. The lesco sales rep really had great things to say about it (naturally, he's a salesman). Im just trying to get some reviews from people have already used it.

Also can you please tell me the normal time it takes to see results from this product, my client really loves to ask questions.

2. Agri-AFC

Agri-AFC LawnSite Member

Revolver is a great product especially for Poa annua control and goosegrass control. Corsair works well on fescue too.

3. kbrashears

kbrashears LawnSite Senior Member

Revolver is great.

Expensive, but great.

4. loser135

loser135 LawnSite Member
    from TN

I used an old bottle that a chem rep had in the back of his trailer a few years ago to take some winter ryegrass out of a bermuda soccer field and I was amazed at how well it worked. Only problem I had was the one 3' strip of ryegrass that it left where I ran my pass too wide! I give it thumbs up. Even a very old looking container did a great job! Good luck!!

5. clallen03

How long did it take for you'll to see results?

6. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

Revolver is good but it works slowly. However it largely depends on the rate applied. 0.2 oz/M works but 0.4 oz/M is faster.

Either way it normally takes a few weeks to remove the target.

Poa or Fescue can be knocked out with one application.

One use for Revolver not widely known.....When overseeding warm season grasses with perennial rye, spray it 14 days prior to seeding date to control Poa Annua. This indeed works well.

7. clallen03

You are saying .4oz per gallon but the sales rep said .5oz per gallon. This stuff is expensive so I dont want to waste any of this. Am I wasting it?

8. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

Never said per gallon....0.4 oz per thousand square feet. All depends on how much water you use.