Anyone ever use the Walker Edger Attachment???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tsmiff1, Apr 15, 2002.

1. tsmiff1

tsmiff1 LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

I have a fairly large apartment complex with lots of sidewalks and curbs. I was thinking of getting the edger attactment for the walker. If you have used one of these please let me know how it performed and what does it cost.
    Thanks,
    Tracey

2. jeffie

jeffie LawnSite Member
    from n.c.

I don't use the Walker Edger but I use one on my 251 Hustler.
    I think they both use coulter blades. If you have a lot of uninterupted edging, they are nice. (saves a lot of manpower)

3. shearbolt

shearbolt LawnSite Member

Just bought one used for $825. Haven't used it yet. I know where there's another used unit if your looking for one.

4. tsmiff1

tsmiff1 LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

WOW!!
    I didn't know they cost that much. I was bracing my self expecting to hear a new one was around $600.00, but you're saying that a used one is $800. Please contact me with the info on the other used one. tsmiff1@aol.com
    Thanks.

5. Cut 2 Please

Cut 2 Please LawnSite Member

Can anyone comment on how well the edger attachment works for the Walker? I am considering buying a Walker soon and this would be one of the reasons I would buy it.

6. shearbolt

shearbolt LawnSite Member

I use mine at the big estates and a Hospital. It even handles curved curbs well. It will take a while to get used to but after that you'll swear by it for those large jobs. I would use it all the time but it not easy to mow with.