1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone ever use this?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by waldo98998, Jan 21, 2006.

1. waldo98998

waldo98998 LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

2. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Why would we...we are professionals and that is clearly a homeowner product
  3. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

ya here's a thought.......run away!!!! After catching breath and regaining senses go to nearest COMMERCIAL quality equipment dealer and shop there.
  4. trent515

trent515 LawnSite Member

Though I am hardly an expert at commercial mowing, I have had my share of experiences with Craftsman mowers, most of which has been fixing them. I go in Sears often and have had a chance to look at this particular mower, and compared to ANY commercial mower, even most ANY residential mower, this mower looks very cheap and is not that well-built. If you are looking at a Craftsman rider for your own use, you'd be better served with a standard model with a non-Briggs engine. Just my two cents worth.
  5. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

Or better yet why don't you put your money toward a commercial w/b with sulkie?
  6. Adam3669

Adam3669 LawnSite Senior Member

AKA Crapsman
  7. Tom c.

Tom c. LawnSite Member

Ive had 1 craftsman mower in my life and will never buy one again. I always thought there stuff was reputable and I was wrong. repairs ,service was horrible too. Go to a reputable local dealer youll be better off itll be money well spent and youll get better service. Youll spend a few bucks more now but will be happier later. "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR"
  8. yrdandgardenhandyman

yrdandgardenhandyman LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I always say, "You buy cheap, you get cheap."
  9. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

If you want something like that, look at either a encore 34z, a gravley 34z or the new exmark phazer! Run far far far away from sear and their lawn and garden equipment and never never look back! Price isn't everything! Go to a dealer and get a better machine with a better reputation, and better service and support! You buy Sh*t, you are going to get Sh@t!!
  10. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Wow, could they have used smaller rear tires on that thing??? The front caster tires are nearly the same size as the rears!

If you are dead set on a cheap ztr I'd look into a cub cadet or a toro time cutter. The small ones look flimsy but the larger (50") models actually don't look too bad. And I do mean look, iv'e never even been on the seat of one of them.