1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

anyone ever use this

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobcatnj, Sep 29, 2004.

1. bobcatnj

bobcatnj LawnSite Senior Member

has anyone ever used this. its mounts onto your tailgate, then lay the tarp out, get material dump in the tailgate. when your ready to unload you drop the tailgate and crank the handle and the load comes off on the tarp.has anyone used this?? i was wondering how it works.. thanks

2. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

Best helper ever. Don't load behind the wheel wells and you'll be good...
  3. r.eckley

r.eckley LawnSite Member

I have one and it works great. Iuse it for leaves mostly. You can pack them pretty tight and just crank them off.
    Cheaper than a dump trk. or trlr.
  4. ProfessionalTouch

ProfessionalTouch LawnSite Member

Works great for mulch.The one we have won't crank top soil till its all most gone, but its also beat up.
  5. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Do the straps that mount it to the tailgate scratch up the tailgate?
  6. bobcatnj

bobcatnj LawnSite Senior Member

good question. i wasnt even thinking of that. does anyone know if the straps scratch the tailgate??
  7. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

I've used one years ago and it worked great. The straps were nylon with plastic latches and I never had a scratch. If this is a concern you could get some of that material they make magnetic vehicle signs out of (go to a sign shop), cut it into a couple of strips and place this on the tail gate under the straps.
  8. musselman

musselman LawnSite Senior Member
    from utah

had one for my truck worked good except behind the wheel wells. now I have a flat bed 11x8 if I dont pile to high up the sides it pulls really good..thing saves me atleast an 1/2 to 1 hour a day...the one for the flat bed is homemade and alot stronger than the one you can buy ....except the tarp I have to replace it every year