Anyone ever used a 32" Toro?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Twotoros, Feb 15, 2001.

1. Twotoros

Twotoros LawnSite Senior Member

I have a chance to trade a 33" stealth that I have not used much for a low hour 32" Toro with a floating deck/12.5 kohler. I traded my dreaded 36 belt snapper for the new stealth . The other guy wants a smaller footprint on his trailer so the stealth will suit him fine , he has 3 52" walkers for the big jobs .

Just wondered how the toro cuts.

2. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

If this Toro is the one with a single blade, I'd get a different mower. I used a friend's, and it didn't have as good a cut as other Toros. Not bad, but the 36 is better.

I was looking at the Stealth, why do you want to get rid of it? I don't know if 36 is too wide for you, but Snapper also makes a 26" with a Robin 6hp engine. I demo'd one, and it had a nice cut.

If you're determined to go with a 32" you might want to look at Exmark.

3. smburgess

smburgess LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 32" toro walk behind that is about 2 years old, and if this answers your question, I plan to replace the 32" with a 36" deck from a older mower to get a better cut andbe a little more productive, plus I can bag.

4. 44toroz

44toroz LawnSite Member

I bought one new in late 99 and was very happy with it. That is until I hit a rock with it. For the little thing it was it completly destroyed the blade($16)and the blade stiffner($26). Look foward to this if you ever do hit anything,since their is only one blade it is real long and flexes real easy. The only other thing to watch out for is narrow tires, earlier machines have real skinny ones that leave terrible tracks. The newer ones stepped up to I believe a 14x5.5 which helps alot. As far as the cut goes you will be happy with it as long as tires are equally inflated and you use a sharp blade. It also mulches real well. Go for it.

Good luck
    Kyle

5. Twotoros

thanks for the info but the deal fell through.oh well.
    I like the way the stealth cuts but I think the control system sucks . I think they could have inproved that before putting it out on the market.

6. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I about fell off my computer chair when I first read you wanted to know how a Toro cuts. I have always figured you had Two Toros and liked them so much you used it as your name. You fooled me. :)

7. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

....and scag48 dosnt even own a scag 48inch mower! by the way... where has he been?

8. Twotoros

Eric,the name referrs to my 21"ers and the secret about how I use'm. I've owned a 36" toro and of coarse the dreaded snap-air 36". Maybe I should call myself twelvetoros cause that's how many I've gone through!!

9. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Evan, he is around. I saw a long post he wrote and it was a reply to a question. It was a very good post, so he must be studying this forum every day. :)

I knew Scag didn't have a Scag and Dixie doesn't have a Dixie. :)