Anyone ever witness a crime while working?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Let it Grow, Feb 15, 2004.

1. Let it Grow

Let it Grow LawnSite Senior Member

It seems like in a lot of movies and TV shows the landscaper, gradener, plumber, etc. is many times the guy that witnesses the crime, and doesn't speak up until the end of the movie or show when the fate of the accused hangs in the balance.

Have any of you guys ever witnessed a crime while you were working on someones property?

I'm still waiting for my first one, but I'm sure it will happen...after all it does in the movies!!!

2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I have seen cops surrounding a building with rifles in hand, a few accidents, and one house i do had been broken into when we went to mow it. The owners are out of town.

3. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

i have witnessed other locs work that was a crime LOL

4. Mac V2.0

Mac V2.0 LawnSite Member
    from Mid OH

how about the crime being brought to you? I was assaulted the week of July 4 this past season

5. Master of the Lawn

Master of the Lawn Guest

I was at a yard one day working in the back yard,when someone broke in the front door.I didnt even know till the cops showed up. Let me tell you that they gave the 1st degree. Searched me and the truck. Luckily the neighbor across the street witnessed the theft and cleared my name.

6. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

I had an employee that when working for a previous employeer, had shots fired into the trailer they were working next to.

7. turf9

turf9 LawnSite Member

It's a cryin shame

8. globalhog

globalhog LawnSite Member

I always thought it would be a benefit to our customers for the LCO's to be mowing around and act like a deterent to any wise guys out there with evil thoughts on their mind.

9. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Never whitnessed a crime while working, but we kept setting off this alarm at this home we did whenever my big mower came too close to the front door area. It was a silent alarm, but the state police showed up twice (seperate occasions) untill they made homeowner correct the problem.

10. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a home 2 years ago. The previous owners were in an old folks home and the house sat vacant for awhile before the family put it on the market. The family hired some outfit to come in and spruce up the yard so the house showed better. They came in, did their thing then left only to return later in the evening to kick in the back door and rob the place. They knew it was vacant (belongings still inside) and the neighbors just thought they were coming back to finish things up.