Anyone familiar with Ferris?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Mitchkrama, May 27, 2013.

1. WilsonBoud

WilsonBoud LawnSite Member

"YEP.... Great price"

Here in Cajun Country, my dealer wants $8,999 for the 52" (Kawa) IS2000Z mower The 61" I hope to rope will be $9,699. I'm holding off in hopes that he will have a show price for the Louisiana Outdoor Expo in July.

:usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

2. greenology

greenology LawnSite Senior Member

I was actually thinking of suggesting a 52" to you, if you have any tight spots ie: between tree & garden bed or if you have uneven ground/small slopes, then you will find the 52" better suited to this, the smaller the deck the better it follows contours of ground. But if its all open and level than it wont make any diff.

Youll notice very little diff in time between the 52" and 61" (for 1.5acres that is), the time would be with the speed diff between the mowers, but thats only if your using them both at full stick for a high % of cutting time! Even then it would only be a matter of minutes saved.

3. farmmower

farmmower LawnSite Member

4. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Appears to be a suspension seat. Theres no mistaking the air seat as the electric pump and air bladders are mounted in the base of the seat. As far as I know Gravely is the only one with the air seat. I could be wrong.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. greenology

Yep, this is a Mechanical susp seat. From my experience its very little benefit for a rough ZTR, however if combined with a Ferris it would be good Im sure!

6. Mitchkrama

Mitchkrama LawnSite Member

I accepted that offer today and am taking delivery tomorrow on a brand new in crate IS2000. I test drove one again while there, a brand new one and not the 2011 model I tried before, and man is that thing smooooth. I would have ended up buying a gravely 152 for a little less money (and probably been just as satisfied with that machine) but once I test drove both machines, I knew I had to go all out and go for the ferris. Thanks for all your help guys, I can't wait to stripe up my overgrown yard!

7. greenology

Cant wait to see some photos! If you have uneven ground that you cut reasonably low, Id love to see a few pics of the result after cutting with it. A video of you mowing with it also wouldnt go a stray if you have the patients :)

8. WilsonBoud

WilsonBoud LawnSite Member

Well like you, I look forward to my final decision. And like you, I feel sure it will be the IS2000Z (Kawa 61"). Information on LawnSite.com is superb....

:usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

9. Mitchkrama

Mitchkrama LawnSite Member

I'll try and get some pics and vids for you guys who are interested. It's the least I can do for your advice and feedback!

10. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Congrats on your new machine!

I have no doubts that you will be more then pleased with it, but I'd still like to see pics and/or vids. It's good education for everyone.:)