Anyone familiar with Hypro D-50 pumps?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Pilgrims' Pride, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Pilgrims' Pride

Pilgrims' Pride LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA.

I've been doing some heavy tree spraying lately and I notice that the oil in the pump is frothy and white.
    I've also lost some pressure.
    I'm guessing that somehow the oil is getting water in it now.
    Can I rebuild?
    Can I rebuild on the frame or will I need to take it off?

Thanks in advance,

Bob

2. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

You should be able to replace the diaphragms on the frame but usually it is easy to take it iff the truck and do it.

3. Enviro Green

Enviro Green LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, you have busted at least one diaphragm. You need to replace them asap, you have lost lubrication and need to fix this problem.

Call lesco and order the parts and they will also send you a tech sheet to help you and you can also call them for technical assistance.

It's easy, takes about one hour or so and you don't have to take anything off a truck provided you can get to the pump easily.

Rebuild your pumps at least once per year, twice if you work them a lot.

EG

4. Pilgrims' Pride

Pilgrims' Pride LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA.

What parts should I order or is there a general rebuild kit?

Thanks

5. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Lesco will do the job for around $150. if you don't have the time. Scott.

6. GreenUtah

GreenUtah LawnSite Senior Member
    from SLC, UT

there are diaphragm kits available for all the pumps in the hypro lines, it will include the diaphragms and most of the o rings for the valves and inlets. I'd say it's definitely faster and easier to unbolt the pump and put it on a workbench, some of the bolts in the head will take some monster effort to get undone, easier to do if you can spin it to you than having it bolted up to the motor. there are many sources for parts for the hypros from lesco to farm supply places to pump houses. You need to know your model number and the rest is just a matter of finding the best price. BTW, if you have your owners manual for it with the parts explosion, you'll see the diaprhagm kit number toward the bottom.

7. ToniDavies

ToniDavies LawnSite Member

Here is a link to the Hypro D50 manual that will help you out.

8. ToniDavies

ToniDavies LawnSite Member

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Many of times, the diaphram kit and the o-ring kit are two seperate items. Make sure you get both.

10. cemars

cemars LawnSite Senior Member

One of the great things about Hypro pumps is that they are easy to repair/rebuild. I recommend doing this work yourself because once you have a few repairs under your belt you will be a Hypro pro. The parts are usually stocked at Lesco although they are a bit pricey. You will also need a quart of 10W-30.