1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone familiar with the Ampliroll Al90 hook lift system?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by syzer, Nov 5, 2007.

1. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

We currently have a 2002 Isuzu NQR dump. Its a nice truck, but lacks the power I need.

We will be upgrading probably this winter to an Isuzu FRR with a 26k GVW. I had just planned don getting a hoist, and making this a dump as well. We could use a hook, or a sng, however the price is not making this a cost effective option at this point in time.

I have now however been presented with an offer to buy a Ampliroll al90s, and I am thinking of taking this offer up since its only 5k for it. The fellow tells me he runs them on his 26k trucks so they dont get overloaded. It seems that the al100 is the recommended lift for the 26k gvw trucks, so I am not sure if its a good choice to dump this coin on the lift.

I was wondering if anyone with experience would have anything to add that I dont know about? Would this be somewhat of a waste instead of having a larger hook on there?

2. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

I would stick with putting a dump body on the truck. The hooklift your looking at is too small its something you would put on a F-550 sized truck.

If you plan on using the truck as a dump truck buy a dump body. Its cheaper in the long run. Hooklifts were never designed for dumping heavy loads repetivly. Only a conventional rail system will do that or the switch and go.