Anyone find a Geocache in a landscape?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Olylawnboy, Aug 7, 2004.

1. Olylawnboy

Olylawnboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Oly Wa

Have any of you ever found a "cache" in one of your landscapes? I found one today while trimming some shrubs at our local Toys R Us. I was about to toss a small electrical box in the trash and noticed it was sealed to be watertight an for some reason I just opened it. Inside was a log of people who have found it. It's a GPS game with a international following. Here's the link... I hope it's a link anyway.
  2. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

i've wanted to get into that but just never can find the time, a friend does it. he describes it as a high tech scavenger hunt.
  3. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Never heard of that.
  4. Olylawnboy

Olylawnboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Oly Wa

Yea, it seems to be a high tech game, could even be fun I guess but what should I do with the thing? Put it back? It will stick out like a sore thumb now that I cleared everything out. And of coarse I'm supposed to take care of the trash....hmmm
  5. fouracres

fouracres LawnSite Member

I've seen web geoching sites where you can search by area. You can report this location as lost, if you can find it.
  6. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I never heard of it before but this certainly is interesting.

GEO :D
  7. jmcooper

jmcooper LawnSite Member

That's what I do in the winter off months. Something to do and it's relaxing. I have found all but 1 that i looked for.
  8. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

Never heard of it. Sounds pretty corny to me.
  9. ikesleeping

ikesleeping LawnSite Member

It's a great way to practice with a new GPS system.It is a really quick way to learn how to operate one if you're not that familiar with it.Do the folks that play a favour and just move it out of the way a little