1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone finish 2000 Taxes?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by SJR Lawncare, Feb 3, 2001.

1. SJR Lawncare

SJR Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I just finished my taxes, & it turned out very well. I actually overpaid on my quarterly taxes this year, so I dont owe a dime. Anyone else have theirs done yet??

SJR

2. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Everythings in a pile on the table right here.

Heck I still havent recieved my package from the IRS yet.

3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Nope,

Everything is all ready to take to our accountant sometime
    next week.

Jodi

4. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

If you file and pay all federal taxes due by Jan 31 for the previous year, you do not have to make the Jan 15 quarterly payment. Extra 15 days of interest earned. Also gets the job done so you're free to work when weather breaks.

5. Craig Jones

Craig Jones LawnSite Member

Bill, I just received my tax forms last week. For some reason they packaged mine along with a Publication 17. I only had three days to prepare my taxes, so I missed the Jan. 30th deadline. Luckily, I made an estimated payment by the 16th. I have never received tax forms this late or in this format before. I guess it is something new they came up with.

6. Pauls Mowing

Pauls Mowing LawnSite Member

All done and in the mail last week.

Paul

7. zimm4

zimm4 LawnSite Member

Mine are ready. I just need to make appointment with my cpa.
    I expect a refund. Better then paying!!!!!!!!

8. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

I finished on 1/31, now i can fully prepare for the upcoming season.

9. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I'm about half way through the paper work. I've owed money the past 3 years. My wife always seems upset that we owe, but I tell her that if we won the lottery, we'd owe then too. I guess the real question is not how much you get back, but how much (%) you payed.

10. machine

machine LawnSite Member
    from OH

I'm never finished until the day I deside to pay, will ask for many continuences. It is always a good idea to do your taxes two or more times before you file to make sure you plug all loopholes and correct any mistakes.