anyone from georgia?

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by kebrowns, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Amazon2k

Amazon2k LawnSite Member

So a 61" deck doesn't pose much of a problem on small laws? If that's the case, I will stick with them both until I can get better equipment. It all was given to me by an in-law and I'm just starting where I can. Any recommendations on getting new accounts?

2. Falcon50EX

Falcon50EX LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

I was not the person asking the ?
    New is better I could not agree more and when you take care of that new item it last even longer money in the bank.
    But for those starting off used may be the only way to get started buy good used equipment not junk unless you want your work to look like junk.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Amazon2k

Amazon2k LawnSite Member

I agree about using new equipment. I'm just trying to start where I'm able to right now. I will get both mowers in the best shape possible for working and move to a new piece of equipment as soon as possble

4. billpiper

billpiper LawnSite Member

A 61"mower will give you scalping problems on any size lawn if there are not level. You also won`t get it through too many gates so be sure to get the free 21" mower running too.

5. Amazon2k

Amazon2k LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply billpipper. I was thinking the same thing about the gates. Did you see the 3rd mower? This is the link to what I have so far http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=394273

I'm currently getting my logo and a small brochure together. Any recommendations on getting new business?

6. billpiper

billpiper LawnSite Member

I started out with rider similar to yours. Worked for a while. If yours is too rough you can get a newer used one on Craigs List pretty cheap. They can leave a good cut, weigh half of what a ztr weighs. They just don't hold up to heavy use. I have thought about buying one for a gate mower and for wet turf. I would use it as a throw away. But the 21 Will get you started. For marketing you need to network and I have had good luck with Redbeacon.com. Check it out. it is free for now.

7. CMassey

CMassey LawnSite Member

If you are just getting your operation going I would recommend making up a batch of fliers and hitting the areas that you are wanting to work in. I have been in the lawn care industry for 21 years and I will still do flier runs. We have always had a good bit of success and It is much cheaper than print ads.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Amazon2k

Amazon2k LawnSite Member

Sounds good cmassey. I'm working on my logo now. I'll show you guys Tue finished flyer once its completed. Thanks again for the knowledge.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. toddharmon

toddharmon LawnSite Member

10. CMassey

CMassey LawnSite Member

No problem at all. I wish you the best of luck. If you see a skull and crossed mower blades clad trailer flag me down. I have been know to roam down south every so often.
    Posted via Mobile Device