Anyone From Maryland??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Albery's Lawn & Tractor, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

We have some family near the Baltimore area that has been trying to get us to move up north for awhile now. The wife can get a good job (near $60-75K) but here I'm the bread winner. How is the lawn care business up there? Is there alot of work up that way? I like the idea of being able to also plow in the winter but I'm nervous about making a big jump like this. Any opinions from you guys would be appreciated.

2. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

How much would you need to make? Do you want to start from scratch or buy a business? Not much in the way of snow here.. so consider it a bonus.

3. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

Theres a company in the baltimore area that is trying to sell there buisness.....pm me if your interested and i'll give you there imfo... They got about 100 accounts 75$ res/25%comm there a two man operation owner plus helper i can email you all there details plus there pr reports...Like I said pm me if interested....My opinion the Baltimore area has a ton of Lawn/Landscape Buisness for the ones willing to advertise and market there biz.

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Be prepared for some serious expense increases. Vehicle insurance, electricity and housing are considerably more expensive there. Maryland also just jacked their sales and business taxes up too. And if you're a big fan of NC style pork BBQ you better head to the Food Lion to get it because that's the only place that has it.

5. deereequipment

deereequipment LawnSite Senior Member

THere's a post a day or so newer than this one, with a guy in Baltimore selling out, equipment and 100 clients.
    Phone number is on there.

Call him