Anyone from Memphis?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by regnort, Dec 3, 2003.

1. regnort

regnort LawnSite Member

I am going to be in Memphis on New Years Eve and I am trying to find a room within walking distance of Beale St. Everything on line seems to be booked up. Any suggestions and a phone number would be great.

2. Timbo

Timbo LawnSite Member

Good luck! My sister is in Memphis and New Year's is a popular time for Beal St.

You can find a room within walking distance, but you might be walking a really really long time. Good luck, hope you find what you are looking for.

3. Movinfr8

Movinfr8 LawnSite Member

4. stevo22

stevo22 LawnSite Senior Member

you will prob be out of luck getting a room down town...there are plenty of rooms else where...germantown, cordova, east memphis etc...just get a cab....prob will cost you 15-25 each way...

5. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

I have a friend at work that lives down town. I'll ask her today... Within walking distance from Beal is not a good idea anyway. Hope your packin..... I do when I go down town.:gunsfirin

6. ScotLawn

ScotLawn LawnSite Senior Member

i agree on the packin thing. i'd try to find a room near the airport and see if there is a shuttle from the hotel to beale.

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

So what's the deal with Beale Street (sorry for the pun). They drop a ball or something like Times Square? Sorry, I'm a yankee and know absolutely nothing about Beale Street on New Year's Eve.

BTW, is Elvis showing up this year? LOL

8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I wouldn't want to be in walking distance of it. Pretty bad areas around there.

Rod, Beale street is the home of the Blues. BB King and many others got there start there.

9. zero_turn_mowers

zero_turn_mowers LawnSite Senior Member

You might want to try West Memphis Arkansas it is just across the bridge, It is prob. less than 10 mins. from Beale Street, there are several Hotels just off I-55.

Tim

10. Doster's L & L

Doster's L & L LawnSite Senior Member

Beale Street is also known as Beer Street, rod. The whole place reeks of beer. ::drinkup: My kind of place. lol j/k Yeah, the brotha's get a little thick down there, regnort. Best be packin'. get your packin license though. :gunsfirin