1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone From Nashville Area??....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnSmith, May 8, 2002.

1. LawnSmith

LawnSmith LawnSite Senior Member

i was just wondering if anyone was from the Nashville area. my father owns a company down there named Landscape Detail. he does some pretty good sized commercial accounts like a place called Century City, and a lot of the hotels down there, Doubletree, Amerisweets, etc.

anyone seen his work?

criticism is welcome!! LOL.
  2. EHesseyLawns

EHesseyLawns LawnSite Member

im out of nashville, can't say that i have seen his work....what kind of setup does he have?
  3. UGA

UGA LawnSite Senior Member

The only LCO's work that I see on a regular basis is the guy (don't know him yet) that does the TigerMart on Trinity and I-24. MAN! can that guy stripe!!! Also I've seen quite a bit of work by WattsUp. Since he is a close friend I see his work all the time and he stripes quite well in his own right. He and I mostly do work around Springfield.
  4. joeypotts

joeypotts LawnSite Member

I live around 40 miles from Nashville. I cut several yards, and just got a new Kubota ZD21-60. It does a great job. I am in the market for a new trimmer. Got any suggestions?
  5. Russo

Russo LawnSite Senior Member

UGA-TurfMasters does the Tigermarts. They don't play.

Is Century city the joint with the big fountain on Elm Hill? If this is the area ( and I think it is ) I've seen those accounts and they are TIGHT.
  6. LawnSmith

LawnSmith LawnSite Senior Member

they have white chevy trucks for the spray operation and landscaping and a black 16' box truck (acutally a former u-haul truck) that they use for the mowin crew.

the place with the big fountain is Century City, it also has a lot of ponds/small lakes.
  7. Ricky G

Ricky G LawnSite Member

I am 40 miles from Nashville but most of my work is in Brentwood. I mainly see the work of Greathouse.
  8. Russo

Russo LawnSite Senior Member

Well, I actually saw the crew working today. Doubletree is SWEET. I did however notice that one guy was mowing stripes while the other was doin the zamboni thing at an office building. Does he do the turf programs also? Grass looks nice. I was gonna stop them and say " hey do you know Lawnsmith " but I didn't want to interupt them the way the freakin grass is growing these days.