Anyone from Southeast Alabama?

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by turfscape, Dec 31, 2006.

1. J & M Lawn Care

J & M Lawn Care LawnSite Member

yeah that should work, u have to start from some where. I am about $40,000 in debt with everything,lol. So i have to stay busy. Alot of companys are out there, but some will fail for not managing it right.

2. M0wNG0

M0wNG0 LawnSite Member
    from AL

I am still kinda worried about how many companies are around here and how many people actually want lawn service. If you dont mind me asking, whats the normal rate and services people usually want

3. J & M Lawn Care

Normal rates are around $45-60 a yard, but depending on size and time. I figure the time it takes me to do it. Like $50 a hour. Just anything u think u would want done to your yard, they would want done.

4. M0wNG0

M0wNG0 LawnSite Member
    from AL

Thanks. I am really considering this but i may consider working for someone and learn on the job experience.

Do you fertilize and stuff like that also?

5. J & M Lawn Care

yeah u might want to work for someone that does lawn care and landscaping so u can learn everything. I wished i did it before i started, but i have a friend that has been in the landscaping business for more than 20 years,i sub jobs to him, and i am on site learning. He owns a country gas station, a nursery for plants and all, a landscaping business, and a lawn care business.

Yes i do fertilize, seeding, thraching, and areating also

6. M0wNG0

M0wNG0 LawnSite Member
    from AL

did you have to get a different license to do that? I think i read something about a landscape contractor/

7. waterboy1

waterboy1 LawnSite Member
    from AL

Yes, you have to get a license for fertilizing. If you get caught using round up, you can get fined. Also, there is about 400 to 500 registered lawncare companies in Dothan last time I asked them. You would need to get licensed and insured at least. Just start off with the equipment that you would need, (not want). Just do some research, there is alot of useful info on this site.

J&M, got your email, website looks good, just a few misspelled words. Sorry, haven't been on this board in a while.

Gotta Run,
    Jason

8. J & M Lawn Care

Yea i got the website up and running a few days ago, and already getting calls. I have the website name all over the truck so people can see it. Its very easy to remember,lol

9. M0wNG0

M0wNG0 LawnSite Member
    from AL

Thanks. Is there room for 1 more solo company, i dont need that many to actually cover cost to begin with and I can slowly build rep from there.

I am starting with no accounts, and would need 10 pretty quick

10. M0wNG0

M0wNG0 LawnSite Member
    from AL

I hate to keep asking about licenses, did you get a LLC or a sole proprietor