Anyone from the Indy area?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by James Cormier, Nov 13, 2007.

1. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

Looking for anyone in and around Indy that can help me with places to see/stay and do while Im out there next year.

I am currently planing on staying at a Marriott in Fishers, but I have no idea if this is a good spot.

I will be there for 4 days in September for this

http://www.gptours.com/Red-Bull-Indy-MotoGP

2. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

Fishers is a nice place to stay, plenty of good places to eat in the area.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

LOL. Gee, why is it that YOU were the first one I though of when I read the initial post! ?

4. Russ

Russ LawnSite Senior Member

There is more than corn in Indiana. What are you/wife interested in?
    Fisher is a nice place but Avon is a lot closer to the track.

5. indyturf

from Indy

Russ is right, Avon is nice too! I'm from Brownsburg just North of Avon and its even closer to the track. there are hotels off Hwy 74 that are a straight shot to the track, takes about 10 min without race traffic!

6. AllProLC

AllProLC LawnSite Member

I live in Fishers.Which is on the NE side of Indy. Nice area with plenty of good places to eat and enjoy the atmosphere, along with being close to (2) nice shopping malls, active area.

7. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

Alot of the hotels closer to the track are already booked. This is an international event so lots of people we be there. Im sure alot smaller then the 500 for sure.

I wanted to stay at a hotel with a suite, Marriott has 2 bedroom suites that are very nice. THe one in Fishers has been booked for the 4 days I will be there.

I will be with 3 of my riding buddies, no wife's allowed on this one :drinkup: and most of the time I plan on being at the track. But I also love American history, and historical sites, not sure if anything has ever happened in Indy (other than the colts getting lucky last year :) ) But if anyone could point out some cool sites to visit or see that would be nice.

The day after the races I am heading south to TN and ride the Tail of the Dragon and come home via the BRP.

8. AllProLC

AllProLC LawnSite Member

If you enjoy American history try Connor Prairie, right in Fishers, In. You can check it out at ConnerPrairie.org I believe.

9. indyturf

from Indy

I checked the Brownsburg hotels and their booked that weekend. Fishers wouldn't be to much of a drive, probably 35-40 min. and it is a nice area.
    I'm trying to think of some places you might be interested in checking out in the Indy area. I cant really think of any historical landmarks! except Conner Prairie Farms, its not far from the Fishers area. it's a 1800's town reenactment. And there is a museum at the track if you haven't seen that yet. also Raceway Park in Clermont usually has a big event on weekends that there is activity at the 500 track. they have sprint cars and even some Nascar events plus the national drags that will be a couple weeks before your in town. Indy has a AAA baseball team the Indians that play downtown Indy.

10. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Indy says...."Leave your wife at home, and bring a bunch of $1's"! LOL!