Anyone From The Sunshine State???

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by pimowtime, May 6, 2004.

1. pimowtime

pimowtime LawnSite Member

HELLO FLORIDA:):):)

I have a simple question for anyone in Fla!! I recently started my business and am told that we should avoid cutting WET GRASS!! How is this possible in such a humid state???:confused: The blessed grass is wet pretty much every morn., and if you wait for it to dry out, it's pretty much in the heat of the day!! Is there a secret or a special technique to this, or do Floridians JUST DO IT????:p

Any input would be appreciated! :blush:

PINE ISLAND MOW TIME
    "So you can have MOW TIME on your hands!"

2. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

mowing in the rain is almost impossible to avoid. The main reason they say not to is because the smaller mowers can clog. I only skip the cut if the lawn has standing water and rutting would be a problem.

3. mowjoeman

mowjoeman LawnSite Member

thats exsactly right you want to watch the real bad down pours and putting the weight of the mower on the customers property! you can most always get itmowed first thing the next morning! If your mowing on pine island you should be done by 12 noon everyday anyway? seems the rains hold out until early afternoon for the most part when the east coast weather meets ours here on the gulf coast? don't forget your rain coat ! - good luck -mowjoeman - weeki wachee