Anyone go to the NOFA conferences?

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by replenish&subdue, Feb 4, 2009.

1. replenish&subdue

replenish&subdue LawnSite Senior Member

If so how did it go?I was considering Rhode Island the end of Feb. Just wonder if it is worth the time and money.

2. Prolawnservice

Prolawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

yes and yes

3. roccon31

roccon31 LawnSite Member

i plan on attending the NY one in 2 weeks.

4. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

Excellent, I was just speaking to them today at the NE Grows show, wait until you meet Mike Nedueau (sp?) great guy, great information

Go and get accredited, it is well worth the time, you will make life long friends believe it or not

roccon31, if you know anyone that is in your area tell them to go also. I believe it is the first class in that area of NY, they are trying to get better attendance at the NY class

the CT, MA and RI classes have almost been standing room only

5. roccon31

roccon31 LawnSite Member

everyone around here that i know looks at me like i have 3 heads when i start talking about spraying CT and topdressing with actual compost not just rotting leaves. most folks have no clue what this is even about. even had a contractor friend call me a tree huggin hippy cuz i started a worm farm.....:dizzy: should have seen the looks i got from people when i was trying to buy a topdresser- "a what? you mean a manure spreader? what do ya want that for?" hahaha

i'll be going this alone i think.

6. Keegan

Keegan LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

go for it. well worth it although sometimes I felt I was in a college chemistry class

7. Prolawnservice

Prolawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

1st time around a lot of it was over my head, I'm considering a second go around maybe in NY this time, I got to see if it will fit into my schedule. Well worth it in my opinion.

8. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

eh even I went to one on mass a few years back, listened to chip Osbourne and some others, I like what they do, maybe not how they do it. but if you can go, I will say yes do it and have a great time dont stress if you dont get it the first time, take what you can and enjoy.

I just wish they would do one farther south

9. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

They are trying to expand, a little push is welcome

10. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

they just need to dump the N before they get to the stars and bars parts, maybe just OFA.:laugh::laugh: