Anyone going to attempt to mow tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by unkownfl, Oct 9, 2011.

1. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

Just like the title says. I'm going fishing or play a round of golf because I'm not dealing with mud fest.
  2. o come on, where's your sense of adventure.
  3. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Been raining there too? We FINALLY got some rain, started at 9:00 on Saturday and is still sprinkling, think weve got an inch and a half so far. Thank god, we hadn't got a decent rain since around the first week of August. Im not gonna start till probably 10 tomorrow, which is fine, cause I have a feeling I'm gonna have a hangover LMAO.
  4. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

We've got close to 8 some places 10 inches within the last 72 hours.
  5. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I've got two that need to be cut. They did not get cut on Friday and I got rained out on Saturday. Luckily they are in areas that dry out pretty quick, so I am hoping they dry out enough by late tomorrow afternoon that I can cut them at 5". Other than that my Monday lawns will be pushed to Tuesday...if it quits raining.

Glad it happened now and not in July.
  6. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

Getting ready to load up & fire up even as we speak...
  7. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm taking today off even tho the weather is great to spend the day with my fiancé. Last 4 days have been sun up to sun down with no extra time. Headed to the mountains in an hour
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

You got 7 inches of rain while the weather channel reported 11 inches of rain in Vero Beach just East of you. I am not sure what we got here but it wasn't any where near 7 inches. But we are soaked again. This has been a very unusual weather Year. It seems much Hotter and Wetter than normal
  9. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

The rain has finally made it from Florida to SC. Thanks Florida!:waving:. Only rained here one time per month since July. Combine that with the constant heatwave to make it a dreadful summer for grass cutting.
  10. FlemingIslandLawnService

FlemingIslandLawnService LawnSite Member

There is a 100% chance of rain here today. I'm just going to trim some shrubs. No mowing. I'm not going to ruin any yards.