1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone going to RainBird irrigation camp?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Bigred350, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Bigred350

Bigred350 LawnSite Senior Member

Next Monday Rain Bird is doing their irrigation training camp in Tunica,MS. I will be there on monday and tuesday. I was just seeing if anyone else is going?
  2. Mjtrole

Mjtrole LawnSite Member

Just curious and too lazy to look it up but what is the purpose of the camp?
  3. Ground Master

Ground Master LawnSite Senior Member

overpriced training
  4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

You want to attend. Drink the Rainbird koolaid...:eek:
  5. Bigred350

They offer sevral different types of classes all week long. Then they off a certification test to take to be certified.

Yes it is exspensive and I may know everything they are teaching but it may be one of those things where its good to go to just to say you have been.
  6. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

I would be interested to hear what it teaches, after you go, unless anyone else has been and can share? Doesnt sound like much of a review thus far.
  7. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Go with an open mind. At seminars I always learn something new or are refreshed on some things I've stored away in the back of my mind.
  8. jirrigation

jirrigation LawnSite Member

I went to the Rain Bird Academy in Las Vegas last December. Rain Bird points paid for the courses so all I had to pay for was the plane ticket and hotel room for the week. Most of the stuff I already knew, however the main reason I went was to get CIC certified which I was succesful at. Almost all of the courses were product specific. Two months after the Rain Bird Academy, I went down to Roanoke, Virginia, for Toro's Academy. The courses offered there were focused more on the business side of irrigation..ie. employee's, estimating, business practices. It was a mind opening experience to say the least. If anyone goes to one or the other I would 100% recommend the Toro Academy. Owners ---> Toro Academy. Employee's ----> Rain Bird Academy.

I can't say for certain if it was the Toro classes which helped in our success this year, or it was years of hard work finally paying off, but this season we had a substantial increase in profit over last year, and I beleive it was mainly because of what me and my brother learnt at Toro University.
  9. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

thanks jirrigation, ill look into the TORO class.
  10. Bigred350

Rain Bird offers many differnent types of classes. Probably just the same as toro.