1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone going to the Rainbird schools this fall?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by CAPT Stream Rotar, Sep 8, 2007.

1. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

I'm thinking about going to vegas for a few courses!
  2. BSME

BSME LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I'm thinking about going to Vegas.... forget the school
  3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Will they have showgirls as teaching assistants?
  4. CAPT Stream Rotar

one can only hope.

I talked about moving somewhere to do irrigation"full time" 12 months and my boss this am gives me a rainbird school list of places and courses..

I need to take the commercial design course....
  5. WalkGood

WalkGood LawnSite Bronze Member

Time to ask for a significant raise. And a plow for your truck if you stay the Winter on the Cape. Your Boss-Man is affraid to lose you. He must be making money off of your work.
  6. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Irrigation design is irrigation design. The only major difference is materials used. However more times than not this is not the case cause people want to make something different that is essentially the same. Kinda like saying landscaping is not farming.
  7. CAPT Stream Rotar

He makes a killing, when I'm on the jobs/doing the paper work with quickbooks.

the guy that trained me:
    1.don't know how to turn on a computer
    2.under bills labor and man hours and service calls
    3.is a stubborn fAck.
    4.is a drunk who forgets about half the materials we use during the day

So this year I stepped up ladder and took care of used stock on jobs,office work,calling people, making appts.

I make 18 a hr and my boss is a little scared to loose me..I don't blame him...I work my nuts off in every aspect of the job.
  8. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe you can buy him out?
  9. CAPT Stream Rotar

actually last year i had the chance to buy 300 high end accounts on cape for 100k....After a month of thought, realized im to young in the trade....3 and some change years isn't enough....I told my boss about the sale of the accounts and he jumped right on it...

oh well..Sadly this year my boss see's the $$ signs getting bigger with me on the jobs.Maybe in a few years he will sell them to me....

There is a guy on cape that STOLE 200 accounts from his former employer..

I think thats very low and dirty..I'm not a theif. I work hard for my keep.

The guy passed out "his own" cards while winterizing and stole a ton of work...

shady as hell purp.
  10. What does having somebody listed as an account do for you? Does that mean you handle blowouts and spring turn ons? Is the service work during the season phone driven or do you check the system as part of a service contract? I have over a thousand customers in my computer but I don't think of them as accounts. Just people I've done work for.